Max Spleenripper

 Blood bowl has some of the best one off minis for painting. It's nice to step away from all the grim dark every once in a while to work on something that doesn't take itself to serious.

Max Spleenripper

Enter Max Spleenripper a chaos champion that likes chainsaws and rocking out. When I used to play blood bowl on the Xbox I liked going with the chaos all stars so I've been looking forward to getting started on him. I tried some new techniques for his armoured plate's which turned out ok it's not something I'd do for a whole team though.


I also tried using weathering powder and blood for the blood god on him. I still can't get the powders to work it always ends up looking like brown paint. It should be as easy as dabbing it on right? Definitely something that needs more practice. Rather than risk ruining my paint job by adding blood for the blood god I decided to take the easy way out and let my 6yo daughter do it. She was quite careful to start with but then decided more is more. It still turned out alright and she enjoyed herself so everyone wins. I also got her to paint some on my forehead which my wife didn't find very funny for some reason. 

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts