Knight time

 Second post of the year and still nothing painted. Well that's not really true I got quite a bit of painting done just nothing finished. I had some time off of work which could have been spent on the hurricanum but I've been wanting to start on the knights I thought they would be a quick and easy win which they sort of were.

They started with an airbrush of dark aluminium over black then a nuln oil wash and drybrush of silver. The lower areas got more nuln oil and the details were picked out with brassy brass. I wasn't happy with how the riders were looking so they got another coat of nuln oil as well. At the moment I'm highlighting all the metallic areas with only the two champions left to do and the bases need a dry brush of some kind of bone colour.

Doesn't sound like a lot of painting and it's not most of my time was spent sorting the poor guys out. They were all bought off eBay in various states of disrepair requiring stripping and cleaning up. Bodies and heads had to be removed with some horses being damaged beyond repair and in the end I had 13 knights with 2 champions and one banner. Ideally I'll be able to find another banner and two musicians down the line although a musician and regular knight would allow a 15 man block with a grand master. I might look through all the broken bits and see if I can scrounge together another knight. 

After all that work I got a little lazy and ignored some area which are now really upsetting me while painting. Mould lines were missed, gaps not filled and some of the tails are too low down for my liking but the fear of reattaching them won out over my OCD. Despite all that the units not looking too bad and if time allows they might be finished before the next update. That being said my daughter got a deep scratch in her eye today so will be off school for a couple of days but hopefully I'll get something done.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. Very well done and nice to run into your blog! I used to have a bunch of these knights but I gave them away to my younger brothers. This post is almost enough to give me some regrets haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks for checking out the blog. The knights are a great kit even if they are a little dated it's a shame they never made it into AoS. Hopefully the dawn bringers will have some solid Calvary.

      Delete
    2. You're welcome. Yeah, especially since some other cavalry made it in. Looking forward to what they put out for them, although it may be more than normal horses.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts