Best laid plans

 First post of the year and I've decided to try something a little bit different. In an effort to be more productive in my painting and blog updates I'm going to start posting twice a month. I very easily loose track of time so having this as a reminder should hopefully help me to stay focused although I admit that it's unlikely.

In my new year post I put up a picture of everything I wanted to get through this year with the main things being three primarchs and a big dragon. It started out well with Vulcan being cleaned and built ready for priming in the first week which is where I hit a problem. I have, but rarely use, an air brush. Its a badly used iwata neo and over time I've made mistakes even after watching every YouTube video I could find I managed to ruin nearly every seal on it. One of the tips that stuck with me was that it should be stored in water the reason being if it's always wet it won't dry out. Since I figured that the seals perished either due to drying out or the chemicals I used to clean it this was the way to go. I think this is only a good idea if you use the airbrush frequently. When I tried priming Vulcan there was no air going through and you tube wasn't helping. I eventually found that the problem was a seal in the air assembly which I had to remove completely to get air going through constantly and even then I was still getting air back flowing into the cup (my wife bending the needle point by trying help also wasn't great). The cost of replacement parts was adding up so I bought a £20 airbrush off Amazon and it's great. If it breaks after a year cool I'll buy another one.

Anyway Vulcan must be well on now right? Got some paint on there doing some details? Well no. One of the local gaming groups put out the call for people to join a Warhammer fantasy group which I joined then decided to get back to painting my Empire army experience tells me I won't finish the army or get time to game but you can always dream. As the army stands I have everything I need with a steam tank and a block of 40 swordsmen painted. I'm currently working on the celestial hurricanum which is coming along nicely. All I need to do now is stay focused on the plan although I did get GW vouchers for Christmas and a dark elf army would be nice. At the moment my uncontrollable spending is being held in check by what reveals will come out during LVO maybe the old world? Probably not but I've often thought about what 40k army I would like so getting Angron and some world eaters might be the way to go.

And eventually we get to today's update. The big dragon is primed and undercoated, Vulcan, Horus and 4 little dudes are built and painting is progressing on the hurricanum. The next update will be after LVO so I might have a change of plans in regard to future projects. Sorry about a post that's long on words and short on pictures. Oh and I might go to Warhammer world this year depending on if I can be bothered with the 3 hour drive from the in-laws.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts