The new year 2023

 I enjoy doing these posts looking back at what I got done even if it's not that much. This year I did achieve quite a bit. Looking at my goals from last year's post I should have finished my Empire army, Slaves to Darkness and a 40k thing, I did none of these. I did paint up 40 swordsmen which I'm very happy with and I'm currently working on the celestial hurricanum which gets some paint now and again.

The Mortlach Distillery - One of my favourite walks.

My slaves army only got one mini painted but he looks great and it's close enough to 1000 points for me. I've also started on some chaos knights which will mean I might finally finish the start collecting box I opened all those years ago.

I never did get round to a 40k thing other than a single swarmlord. Instead I started a star wars legion clone army which I don't think I ever posted about. My idea at the time was to do a stupid painting tutorial, step one paint the white bits and so on. This was going well until it came to paint the black bits where I lost the will to go on. I'm blaming it on black templer contrast paints lack of coverage and not flowing into the recesses as much as I would like. I'll get back to them at some point but in smaller batches.

Paint the blue bits.

The bad news is that despite two years of effect I still work a terrible rota meaning that the events I would have liked to attend I'm working through. Fantasy, AoS and BOYL are all off the table for another year unless I end up getting a new job. The silver lining is that there is no hurry in getting an army finished so below is a picture of what I'm hoping to achieve this year.

I also got GW vouchers from Santa so expect Angron to make his way into the pile when he gets released, that could always be my 40k thing! I might make it to Warhammer world this year or I might stay home to decorate while the house is empty for a couple of weeks the exciting choices you get to make in your 40s.

Lastly thanks to everyone who has taken the time to read my blog throughout the year. I always enjoy scrolling through my reading list and seeing what other hobbiests are up to. Here's to a great new year!

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts