Festemus

 It's been a while since I last posted but I have been busily working away. The last mini I painted was Festemus who I picked up during knightmare miniatures first Kickstarter. Based on the artwork from I lost and the damned, and later on the 4th ed battle bestiary which is where I know him from, this guy is a perfect representation of a Nurgle champion.

Festemus knightmare miniatures

I tried to keep the paint job simple using as few colours as possible and adding some interest with washes and glazing. What I really wanted to test out was the down and dirty rust effect paint. I've tried it before and wasn't impressed although that was without using a hairdryer which seems to be the key to a good effect.

Using the paint seems to be really hit or miss I was hoping for some strong orange tones coming through but I was struggling to get them. Lucky it's very easy to slap some water on an area your not happy with to reactivate the paint then bast it with the hairdryer again I did this to the sword five or six times. I think it works best when it's heavily watered down as straight from the pot it tends to end up as a brown splodge.


All in all this has been an extremely satisfying project which should never have been put off for as long as it was. I never even intended on painting him I had picked up an undead beholder while shopping for Pokémon/Mario stuff with my daughter and thought they could use similar skin tones.

And now a photo dump. The first two are Festemus again I can't decide which background I like better so let me know if you have an opinion. The last is what I've been working on this last little while.



And to end I unfortunately slammed my phone in the car door meaning I got a new camera to try out. Since I was painting something from the battle bestiary and had recently painted the required Skaven I decided to recreate a classic scene which was honestly more fun than it should have been.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts