Alarielle the Everqueen

 "and at the moment I’m working on Alarielle so as long as I get her done before March I’ll be happy."

That was me on the first of January so full of hope and optimism well it's almost a year later and she's done. I'm still happy about it.

Alarielle the Everqueen


The saga began with the painting of the beetle. This was before I'd bought an airbrush so the base was put down with some molotov spray paint I wanted to try out. The molotov paints were pretty good I've bought a few more with the intention of painting up the stone horns and idolon of Mathlan (the big deepkin guy, I can't be bothered fact checking his name) I've got laying around although I now think that's a job for the airbrush. Once the base coat was done I started with contrast paints and highlights which went as well as I could have hoped so I was quite enthusiastic about wet blending in the horns. It took a long time with lots of blending, glazing and swearing but it was eventually done and I was filled with pride. Despite this I needed a break so the base was started and completed quickly to much success. 


Things were going great as I became more and more convinced that this would be my masterpiece. Then I looked at all the other parts of the beetle that needed painted, and Alarielle and I still hadn't decided on a colour scheme. I  watched alot of youtube tutorials but nothing really stuck so I painted something else while I thought about it, then something else and something else.... Fast forward to November when I get a bit of time to myself and finally finish the giant that had been getting worked on sporadically for a few months. With this confidence boost I decided it was time to break out the beetle again. With time and audio books on my side the details went by quickly letting me start on the Everqueen herself. I winged it with the colours and she is admittedly rough around the edges but she's done and I'm happy, as the wife said "It's more satisfying to complete a challenge than something safe and easy."



I also painted five swordsmen. 


Thanks for reading. 

Comments

Popular Posts