Space marine

 I've always liked space marines but could never get my head around painting them. Since I was raised on the GW painting method everything had to be layers and edge highlights which on space marines is a nightmare. I decided it was time to try out the airbrush and forget the edge highlights to see if I got on any better with them.

I spent alot of time deciding what colours to use or if it should be an existing chapter and in the end I went with the same paints I used for the cave troll. Despite using same primer and the same paints the colours are nothing alike which I'm guessing is due to using less highlights. The base sucks. I tried using weathering powder but its just not right. 


I don't know if I'll end up getting more space marines I already have a dreadnought so I'll see how that turns out. It's definitely better painting them with an airbrush as most of the mini is armour leaving only the details and some highlights to do. Maybe next year I'll start a new army.

Thanks for reading. 

Comments

Popular Posts