Queek Head-taker

 Back in the long long ago I owned Queek Head-taker, or my brother did, who lead his chittering skaven host against Krell and his mighty undead legions. Resplendent in his red armour and black fur Queek was possibly the finest mini ever painted easily worthy of a crystal brush or golden daemon. Sadly as I transitioned from being a stupid teenager to a stupid adult Queek was lost somewhere along the way along with every other mini I owned. So when GW did a made to order I jumped on it and also got death master snitch but not Ikit claw for some reason which I instantly regretted. 

Queek Head taker

I also regretted my choices when painting this mini. Now being a stupid middle aged man I thought I knew better than teenage me and ditched the red and black for a colour scheme more fitting for my chaos army ‘cos Skaven are chaos now. Also that back banner is cool an stuff but really draws focus away from the face so I’ll get rid of that and use it for a standard or something. Halfway through painting I realised how stupid I really was and fell into a painting slump from which I may never have recovered from. 

Luckily I wanted to hit 100 posts before the new year so the last two mornings I pushed through with the terrible decisions and come out with a not too bad mini. To be honest I am really happy with how he turned out but if I ever pick up another one it’s red and black all the way, gotta get that golden daemon I’m owed. I also need to work on my camera skills.


Thanks for reading. 

Comments

Popular Posts