Chaos week 6

 I got a lot done this week one of the perks of working nights is I only get about four hours sleep for the couple of days it takes to adjust. The furry cape guys are about done, the flesh guys are started but I’m not sure I like the way they’re going and the scale cape guy is looking good but I think another highlight is needed to make the scales look less like padding. 

As always I struggled to stay focused on one thing so I also started on the helms and bases. The helms look fine if a little simple but I can’t decide what to do with the eyes. Leaving them black would be the easiest and I think white eyes would stand out too much looking a little silly. Glowing green eyes though would fit in with the mini, hopefully look good and should be easy enough to do but is it appropriate when anyone in the army without a helm will have normal eyes? Guess I could give everyone green eyes but I’m not sure about that. 

In an effort to maximise painting time I decided to apply the basing paste at work unfortunately I grabbed the wrong pot. Channeling my inner Bob Ross I went with the happy accident but it’s looking darker than I would like. I’ve applied several dry brushes and washes it’s just not getting where I want it to be though. I’m sure once all the basing details are added it will be fine. Sadly as much as I got done last week I doubt I’ll get anything done this week after agreeing to work nine days. Maybe I can grab some time somewhere. 

Thanks for reading. 

Comments

Popular Posts