Chaos week 3


Never got much done this week. Turns out if you go seven months with no time off a lot of jobs pile up at home. The good news is I don’t need anything painted right now it’s all in hope of maybe getting to use them sometime in future.


I finally got through all the cloaks. Stippling might not have been the best idea but it turned out alright in the end. The test cloak I did came out well but the others in the first batch were pretty rough. It was a slow process which proved to be very discouraging and probably why I made a mess of them. After applying the lessons I learn the second batch turned out better, knowing I only had 5 to do helped to speed things while also keeping a bit more quality. They look a little muckier than I would have liked but that’s probably down to the contrast paint being to thick to glaze even after being thinned down 8:1. 


I started on the boots but then lost two days of painting. Knowing I wouldn’t get much time when I could get painting again the warriors were pushed to the side in favour of slapping down some contrast on a necromancer. Once he’s done I’ll get going on the chaos guys again.


Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts