Necromancer

The first and possibly only army I ever painted was the undead. The 4th ed army book was my favourite and while dwarfs are my first love the undead were my saucy mistress. I left both during 5th ed checking in on them now and again as we would pass by on the street but it wasn’t until 8th ed that we hooked up again. Then the mid life crisis happened. Musty tombs and mountain strongholds were replaced Kharadron airships and bone tithe nexuses. The minis are amazing and the lore engaging but I’m all about the small dark corners of the world. So why am I painting up a chaos army rather then one of my favourites? Well the minis mostly. The two dwarf army’s are great but not really my style (Ungrim Ironfist got his own army so why not Bugman?) and cities of Sigmar has far too many elfs. As for death the only one that I would want is legions of Nagash but I don’t like the play style which is surprisingly important for someone that doesn’t play. Hopefully in the next edition I’ll get the wright army I’ve always dreamed of. 

Necromancer

With that unexpected ramble out the way here is my red period necromancer mixed up with my current purple obsession. The pictures aren’t great I tried mixing greens and purples into the flesh but it’s ended up being washed out. I think the varnish also knocked out some of the colour on the sword so I’ll stick in some before shots as well. Not much else to say really he was a fun quick break from chaos which I honestly needed. I never picked up the latest necromancer mini I was going to last night but forgot all about it. As much as I like the new mini he lacks the power and arrogance of the older sculpts they look like masters of the undead while the new one looks more like an evil servant which I guess is appropriate in these new times. Also this is a basing test for chaos. 


In case you can’t tell I started this post with no idea what I was going to write so I better end it here before heading off down a rabbit hole. Oh and my blog has finally reached the point where I get spam comments and views. Hi spam bots!


Thanks for reading. 

Comments

Popular Posts