Blood bowl skaven week 12

The banner was a mistake.


I’ve made decent progress on my two supplemental rats. Glart was a breeze being mostly metal and skin. I thought about painting in some green or purple to his gut plate but I think being solid metal plates will look better in the end with the rust adding some colour. I went with a fur design taken from hamsters because that’s all I see when I look at him, a big fat hamster, and I love him for it. I think the main challenge is going to be working up the skin tones so I get a smooth transition which I’m sure is very easy with an air brush or wet blending but both of these are not really my area. Many  small layers are more my speed so hopefully I can pull it off. On another note doing a google search for hamster coats opened my eyes to some rather questionable an inefficient fashion choices. Seems like a rather cruel and time consuming way to make an ugly coat.


The coach has needed a little more time spent on him. Think I’m going to add some green to his kilt and possibly change the gut plate to steel. I still need to paint the green onto his pauldron and finish off his banner pole then that’s him ready for the wash stage. Oh and the banner, can’t forget about the banner. I tried three times to make diamonds work never did manage though so went with squares, squares are easy. I got the base colour down, again, and had a great idea. I could use my fine detail pen to lay down the pattern then paint over it with the base colour this should leave me with a solid base with a light pattern showing through to work from. It’s fair to say I’m nothing short of a painting genius with my revolution painting techniques becoming as wide spread as dry brushing or washes. I did encounter one problem though as it turns out the pen is water soluble ha ha. Nothing a few more coats of paint couldn’t fix though and I’m fine with it, I’m really really happy, I’ve never felt more relaxed or  sane. Hey you know what’s better than squares? Triangles. If I paint I line through every square I can make triangles lots and lots of triangles. It’ll be fun fun fun I can even paint both sides of the banner which will double the fun. I have to go now the pen is telling me to draw triangles on the walls, tiny tiny triangles all over the walls and my face.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts