Blood bowl skaven week 11

After a few finishing touches the skaven are ready for a match. I own a lot of the blood bowl teams and have painted four of the humans when the box first came out but these are the only team I’ve fully painted up. There’s no time to rest though as I still have Glart Smashrip and the coach to get done. If I can do it in three weeks that will be a solid mini a week I’ve painted  meaning I could probably paint an army in two to three years if I stuck at it full time. Unfortunately there’s  a good chance I’d turn into a skaven type creature if I tried that yes-yes must paint more rat thingssss.




The bases never turned out as well as the first ones being a little patchy and with thick white lines. I’m putting this down to me rushing it they look fine though so I’m happy enough. The coach had a very small conversion replacing his sword with a clipboard. I’ve never been great with green stuff and his fingers are pretty bad but they should look fine when they are painted. The problem I have with green stuff is I can never get the scale right, a piece the looks tiny in my hand ends up being far to big even when I half it a couple of times. Really makes you appreciate the skill that goes into making a mini.


So far I’ve only base coated the flesh, white and green. I’ve also sort of decided on how the colours will work but that could change. The only purple I’ll be using on Glart will be discolouration and bruising on the skin although it might be alright on his knee pads. The coaches banner will be green and white triangles which I attempted this morning but had to paint over again. I might also throw some purple in there as well when I can get it looking right.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts