Blood bowl skaven week 10

Had a few days off this week so got more painting time than normal and it’s lucky I did. After being really happy with how the armour turned out on the line rats I decided to do that first hopefully giving myself a good start on the next six. Unfortunately the armour didn’t look great probably because I never put in as much effort as I did the first time. I pushed on painting up everything else but none of it looked right and my enjoyment of the whole process was slipping away as it became a chore. By the time I’d finished painting on Friday I was ready to completely paint over the armour and start again but decided to leave it until Saturday so I could start fresh.


Rather than repaint the whole thing each square was given a coat of the base colour, the borders were strengthened and then the highlights applied being careful and taking my time. This led to an instant improvement in the look of the rats while also pulling me out of my painting funk. There were still areas I wasn’t happy with such as the throwers faces, gutter runners masks and the inside of their capes so once again I finished painting early to start fresh on the Sunday.


Looking at them on Sunday I decided they were fine and certainly not the mess I thought I painted on the Friday. All that was left to do were the black areas on the gutter runners then the mud splatter and they would be finished. Rather than rush it I decided to take my time as I’m not sure how the capes will turn out and I will still be on course to finish a week early. At the moment I think the capes are finished as I got some painting done this morning which isn’t shown in the pictures. I’m getting to wait before calling them done taking it slow and steady seems to be how these guys are going. All going to plan the next post will be a fully painted team except for the star player and coach and I’ve decided to paint them before doing the full sports illustrated photo shoot. It’s exciting times for me!

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts