BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Khorne is my favoured chaos god, the one I pledged my soul to, although I always preferred the martial prowess side of him to the mindless slaughter he devolved into. The idea of a prideful empire captain falling to Khorne slowly dragging the army into darkness with him has always been an idea that appealed to me. I understand the shift in a lore and design perspective and I’m hopeful that the mortal realms are large enough to allow Khorne’s other aspects to be expressed in time.

Blood warriors

When AoS first came out the blood warriors were the stand minis for me. I’ve admired them from a distance since the release but never bought any till now when for some reason I decided to buy and paint them straight away. I also bought one extra off eBay so I could try out some colour schemes before batch painting the other ten although I realised it was only putting off the inevitable so painted him with the rest.


I spent far too much time and money trying to find the red I wanted on the armour buying up every scale 75 shade before finally deciding on Khorne red. The armour trim never turned out how I wanted I had been going for a black pig iron look but ended up over highlighting it. To be honest I got bored painting so many minis at once to the point that I was getting sloppy in an effort to get through them.



I wanted them to be running through a swamp base and I think they turned out alright. My only concern is that the water effect still hadn’t completely cured after  a few days and remains a little cloudy in the centre.


In other news I’m on holiday again and going to the same place I was two years ago when I painted up the bogglings so I’m hoping to paint up some more. I will also be bringing the Goliath gang, dwarfs and some random d&d stuff giving me more options than I will have time for. That being said if I hit the Goliaths like I did the blood warriors I might surprise myself.


While I will be going to Warhammer world I don’t think I will make it to foundry. I also have the option of Warhammer fest but I would prefer taking the family than going to a crowded event by myself. I’m also undecided on waiting until after the event in the hopes of picking up warcry but un-hobby related stuff will be the ultimate decider on when I make it there.


Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts