The dark age of Acorn Wood

As mentioned before I have the bad habit of night shift eBay surfing. Sometimes I end up buying stuff I don’t want or need as a quick fix to stop the hobby shakes. Other times my sleep deprived brain gets it right and I end up buying something that’s amazing but I would never normally think of buying. This post is about one of those times when it all worked out and I ended up with two great minis the Oathsworn mole friar and squirrel rogue.



Not much to say about them they got a quick paint job which turned out alright. I had some trouble with the colour of the squirrels fur which I got round by painting instead of thinking about it. For the bases I tried the Luke’s APS quick base range and gamers grass tufts. The quick base stuff is alright, I can’t remember which one was used, I had done a couple of test bases which I wasn’t that happy with but it’s better with the mini and some tufts. I like the gamers grass tufts although they never seem to sit right on the base. It’s not something I’ve noticed with other brands the tufts seem to lift at the edges leaving a gap at the bottom. Luckily I enjoy the basing side of things so I’m happy enough to play around with them to try for better results. At the moment I’m also trying out some Vallejo water effects to make a swamp like base so hopefully that works out.

Oathsworn mole


Oathsworn squirrel

I will definitely be picking up some more of the burrows and badgers line in future they were great sculpts and fun to paint up. I knew I had made it as a painter when my daughter could recognise mole and squirrel from her postman bear book even if they weren’t dressed for a party.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts