Unfocused painting

 I missed my first post of the year. Things have been a little hectic at work and home so it's not very surprising and going this long is honestly better going than I expected. I have got some hobbying ( spell check tells me that's not a word) done it's just that I haven't been able to focus on one thing. I built the Glot kin which is a fantastic model, I built the new slann and aggrodon ( I'm to cool to spell check that) I'm hoping they will translate into the old world. I started painting 20 hand gunners and the blood bowl khorn star player.

I honestly forgot how much I hate batch painting. After doing 40 swordsmen 20 gunners didn't sound like it would be to bad. It is. I've stalled on them halfway through doing the skin tones so I think when I get back to them I'll break them down into batches of 5 so I can see some progress after an hour's painting. 

The Khorn guy is Max Spleenripper who I bought because he looks so good. Not much done on him so far although I have painted the skin twice. I used the army painters air range but the skin came out far to pale. I tried giving it a glaze with Guilliman flesh but that came out to dark and streaky. I used the original colours to paint over this knocking back the highlights to avoid having the same problem as before. I do have the chaos set for BB sitting in my pile of shame/opportunity so that could be a project for the future. I also started painting the slann although I haven't fully settled on a colour scheme yet so that's taken a back seat for now.

Being chronically short on I also decided to it would be a great idea to start a YouTube channel. I enjoy playing games when I get the chance so why not record them. Turns out it's an expensive pain in the ass to get started but I've almost got that worked out. What I never thought of was how much time gaming would take. I was going to put on Megaman X it's I game I really enjoyed. After having a quick play through its harder than I remembered so now I need to get good at games again so I can post a decent video. All of this takes away from painting time. Hobbies are meant to stress you out right?

Thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. Good luck with getting into the Youtube space! I know that feeling of unfocused painting, it always hits at the worst times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need something to paint towards an AoS or fantasy tournament being announced would be ideal.

      Delete
  2. I have never managed to get batch painting to work in anything over groups of five.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I'm thinking about doing it's nice to see some progress.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts