Old world army challenge part 2

This month in the unofficial old world army challenge I got five more Bugman’s brewers done and already started on the last six. With my initial batch of nine painted up a few years ago I had to guess at the colours used, the foundry paints made it quite easy though. I had also painted up a load of extra shields at the time so that helped. Sadly my painting skills also seemed to regress to a few years with the brewers being abit sloppy in places with the beards causing a lot more problems than they should have and not turning out great. I think the initial batch of nine had something to do with the helmets or the three main colours seems like a weird number. 


All the brewers are what you would expect expect for the square helmet dude. He doesn’t appear in the catalogues and the only one on eBay is up for £295. I’m sure that’s the same listing that was up when I bought my brewers in 2014 so probably not a good indication of the value. After doing some research I discovered that he came in the standard blister packs. At this point in my detective work I got bored and went back to painting so no idea why he’s so scarce. Pulling my tin foil hat firmly on I’ve decided he is either a) a faulty part of the mould, b) a late edition to the mould with a short run time or c) aliens. 





The group is starting to look good. It’s been over two decades since I painted a unit up as I mostly paint individual minis so I’m quite excited to see it completed. AoS undead doesn’t count as a unit you can’t beat proper rank and flank troops. 

Thanks for reading. 

Comments

Popular Posts