Colour clash Jimmy jr

I’ve had very little hobby focus lately with six projects on the go just now all in various stages of completion so what could be better than starting something else. While painting up the brewers I used some colours I normally avoid from the foundry range due to being too thin with ‘forest green A’ being top of the list. I’m looking to expand out from foundry and citadel paints into something more suitable to my painting style which I’ve narrowed down to Warcolours or Scale 75 which is where the cowboy comes in. He’s one of foundry’s old west range.


I had picked up a couple of reds from scale 75 to try out and after watching a lot of reviews it seems both paints are similar to use. I painted up the jacket fairly quickly and it turned out alright so I’m planning on buying up one of the flesh sets to try but not sure which one to go for. I decided on flesh because it’s my favourite foundry paint and had already been planning on buying the extended set.


Both the ranges come in sets with Warcolour coming in a single colour moving through shades from dark to light. They also have dropper bottles designed to draw the unused paint back into the bottle rather than clog the nossle plus agitators are included in some of the paints. They have also remade the old sets from the 80s for Oldhammer painters.
Scale 75 come in sets like foundry with a fire set and ice set. I think the scale 75 also has richer fantasy type colours but while typing this I’m leaning towards Warcolour. I’ll decide in the new year but any advice would be appreciated.



Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts