War Orcs

I’m a fan of Foundry’s war orcs. Great big chunks of metal with personality they were a lot of fun to paint up. To be honest they received a fairly slap dash paint job mostly sticking to one set of foundry paint per area. The idea was to stick to natural colours although my upbringing in the red era quickly changed that as the reds and purples were pulled out. I had thought of painting stripes, patches or checkers to jazz them up a little but in the end decided against it for this batch anyway. With any luck I should make it to Foundry once a year allowing me to very slowly build up a nice collection. I have heard you can buy them on the internet I’m not sure what that is though.

War orcs

I tried out a static grass applicator on the bases which turned out ok. The first layer has gotten lost I’m not sure if that was caused by overdoing the second layer or the glue flattening it out. My next project will have a bigger base so I should get a chance to play about with it. If I can’t make anything of it then I may have wasted abit of money although I do have a few ideas to try.







The next item on the paint table is Grom the Paunch which I ordered from the GW made to order range a service I love and would gladly throw buckets of money at if I had more than one bucket and I need that one. After that I don’t know what I’m doing the idea of recreating ‘Terror of the Lichemaster’ with Otherworld miniatures has been something I’ve wanted to do. It should be about 5 years before my daughter is old enough for a game which might be enough time for me to finish something.

Thanks for reading.


Comments

Popular Posts