A year in review

Turns out I’ve been doing this for a year now so has it been worth it? My rate of painting minis has definitely increased and so far the monthly deadline has been a great motivator, this months minis are very near to completion. I’ve found myself more likely to paint now than spending time looking through eBay buying just one more mini. Working nights is still dangerous in eBay terms but I’ve also sold a chunk of my backlog and avoided Kickstarter, the first step is admitting you have a problem.

The original holy grail miniature 

Setting myself a project never worked. It’s great to say I’ll paint up a couple of blood bowl teams or a 3rd edition dwarf army but the pay off just isn’t there I’m not a gamer. I’ve decided to paint up whatever I feel like, it removes the guilt from painting one thing when I should really be painting another. I still have projects but very loosely they will be finished whenever I get round to them. So what are my projects? Well all the new blood bowl teams, 3rd ed dwarf army, the death start collecting box, the chaos combat cards set of minis and as many otherworld minis as I can get my paws on.

The new holy grail miniature 

I made it down to foundry which was great as I’m normally an island of awesome in a sea of mediocrity. I’m the only person I know that paints so getting the chance to see the display cabinets full of painted minis was a real treat. Sadly this was a couple of weeks before BOYL although it was too much to take in as it was. With everything else going on I might have ended up in a puddle of my own drool gibbering to myself in the corner. I’m hoping to make it next year work permitting it looks like I could get there on the Friday.

Where the magic happens 

This year I’m planning on getting more stuff painted without compromising quality for quantity. I have an app on my phone which I’m hoping will prevent me from buying more than I paint by tracking the amounts of both. Other than that it’s going to be more of the same keeping up with my monthly deadline. I’ve also discovered that while my blog views are at about 350 the actual views are closer to.....1? I might stick a link on Facebook if there’s something I’m particularly proud of. I do have a couple of ideas that looking forward to trying.

A garden hedgehog 


Thanks for reading.


Comments

Popular Posts