Black knights

Every good military needs a mounted detachment and my army of the dead was no exception. To strengthen my flanks and harass the enemy my undead minions required the help of some black knights. I tried all the usual places you would expect to find dead horses (horse shows, pony trekking,  Tesco’s beef section) alas my search was in vain. Despairing at the horse friendly world we live in I got in my car and headed home. Luckily the dark gods were with me that day as fate conspired to provide all I required.

Black knights


Do you ever update your sat nav? I haven’t for ten years apparently or so the warnings keep telling me. So as I drove home that fateful night from the ‘Happy pony adventure club’ blindly following the directions I took a right turn that no longer existed. I could have out screamed a banshee when I found myself driving the wrong way round a race track plowing through several thoroughbreds. The car was a right off and I had a very large angry mob shouting abuse at me but I’m an optimist at heart. I could see the silver lining of this rather large cloud.











It’s taken a long time for me to get round to finishing the black knights. I’ve always had a phobia about painting horses probably due to the large flat areas of flesh, not having flesh didn’t seem to help. The whole process of getting them painted was a stop start affair which didn’t seem to come together till the end. Somehow I forgot how to use weathering powders. As a unit I’m happy with them and the purple doesn’t look to bad I was really struggling with what colour to use. I would go into more detail but I have to find myself a new set of wheels.


Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts