Duergar

I like dwarfs but when you get right down to it they are always kind of jolly, wear elaborate jewellery and practically live on the surface. Thinking about it this could be why I never played warhammer the Dwarfs would be my army but I can’t relate to them. Who I can relate to are the tyrannical Duergar. Described in the monster manual as dour, pessimistic, untrusting creatures, always toiling and complaining with a severe utilitarian demeanour, that could be my Facebook profile. If anyone knows a good book about the Duergar let me know because as much as I love Drizzt the drow don’t hold my attention half as much as the gray dwarfs.

Otherworld Duergar

When I first painted some hobbits I thought it was so much harder painting little minis but after my gnome and these guys I’m starting to prefer them. So much character on a tiny base. I kept the colours simple and went with a purple rather than gray skin tone the only problem was the eyes. I tried red but they were lost in the skin colour and normal eyes didn’t seem to fit so I decided on pure white like in the artwork. Once the minis were finished the eyes were still bothering me they looked like l had forgotten to put the pupils in so they got a coat of yellow wash and I like how they turned out. The bases were to be underdark themed with some larger sand at the edges with a fine grain as a sort of sandy path both painted gray with some purples showing through. The sandy texture never really worked as I wanted it to so ended up being covered in flock, lucky I used a test base before covering the flock with a purple wash as it looked terrible.













Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts