Cairn wraith

Cairn wraiths. In the old world that was they were the hate filled remains of dark sorcerers and necromancers who succeed in extending their spiteful existence at the cost of both body and soul. In the mortal realms they are the returned spirits of murderers and executioners risen from their eternal rest then bonded into service of immortal masters. I don’t have any of these near me so I had to make do with what I had to hand. Luckily in the north of Scotland we have plenty of cairns and farmers. After much thought I went with a 17th century farmer who should be pretty handy with a scythe and know how to act around his superiors. Being a level 3 necromancer I had him raised in no time at all although sadly he acted more like a ghost than a wraith floating around saying ‘oooooooooooh arr ooooooooooooh arr’ in short he was a less than terrifying prospect. A level 2 necromancer may have given up at this point but not me. Calling Bob over, I had named him Bob, I proceeded to tell him all about combine harvesters, soy lattes and child labour laws he’s been bloody livid ever since.

Cairn wraith
Bob

I’d put off painting Bob for a while the thought of trying to blend in his ghostly body was ‘haunting’ me. Never to sure on the colours to use either. In the end I went with the same colours used on my skeletons blended down to white. It’s surprising how easy it was to achieve a look I was happy with after so much time worrying about getting it right. Hopefully I can do it again as I’m planning on using the same scheme on a banshee and some capes.


I was ‘horseing’ on with some black knights but think I need a break. To much death can be bad for you so I will be returning to my first love Dwarfs. The black knights will remain on the painting table though I know the dangers of tidying away half painted models to well. I have also ordered some flock so my wire tree should be finished not long after they arrive.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts