Total war prevents painting

I had planned on posting up a picture of my newly painted hobgoblin today. Last weekend I decided to have a big push getting as much done each night as I could ready to snap and post today. I could say the baby took up all my free time, a lot of house work needed doing or that bonding the rabbits had taken its toll on me but why lie about it. Total war 2 came out and every thing else got shoved to the side (sorry baby Charlotte, when you can talk we'll talk about it).  It still remains that a post was needed today and if I don't follow up on that the whole system falls apart so from back catalogue I bring you two  discworld miniatures from microart studios. 

Like many people the discworld has a special place in my heart which led to a love of reading that has stuck with me. I first started reading when I had to do a book report in school which was a problem as books were something that happened to other people. I ended up borrowing 'Reaper man' from my uncle maybe because of the American Gothic cover I can't remember why I chose that particular book. Thinking that this was going to be one more reason my school life sucked turned into form of entertainment and escapism that not only works in school but at work too. Thanks Terry.

I bought four of the minis and would like the whole set one day if I ever clear my backlog ha ha. So far I have got two completed and I am really pleased with how they turned out. It might be the scale which makes the difference being slightly larger than the 28 mm I'm used to or maybe I put more effort into them due to my love of the source material. Whatever the reason these two earned a place in my tiny display case. Also this was my first use of weathering powder which turned out nice although I've never used it again for some reason.


First up is Foul Ole Ron and Gaspode the wonder dog. Any miniature with a dog always gets pushed to the front of the painting queue as proven by the scrunty a few posts ago. The dog usually gets as much or more attention as whoever is lucky enough to be standing next to them. For the choice of colours I used all of my artistic sensibility and copied the one on the website. I also splashed out on resin bases to get that Ankh Morpork look.




Next up is The Duck Man although why people call him that is a mystery he cant work out. As with Ron The Duck Man was pushed to the front of the queue due to the Duck and the colour copied from the website. I'm really happy with how his face turned out it seems to carry a lot of expression and check out the awesome weathering powder use in the gutter, even put some gloss varnish down to make it look wet, I'm practically a pro painter.


Well that's two down and I still have Rincewind and Sam Vimes sitting in their blisters which is a crime. Looking at these again I'm tempted to break out the other two but the hobgoblin won't paint himself and promises were made to Radagast the brown. I have been thinking about not buying any more minis for a year which will be a challenge to my will power but definitely do-able although I may make it to forge world next month so maybe after that. 

Oh and since you asked the rabbit bonding is going well.


Thanks for reading.


Comments

Popular Posts