Dragon Ogre

Dragon ogre

I have a dragon, I have an ogre. Uhh Dragon Ogre. Classic dragon ogre painted in 4th ed red one of my favourite minis from back in the day. I still have another three of these bad boys still in their blister packs although at least one is the same as this one. I did try a couple of techniques out on this one with the best results being the wet blending of metallics on the sword. It’s not something I’ve used since as most weapons don’t warrant that level of attention to detail at least not at the level I paint at. I also tried blending on the two skin tones which was less successful to the point of being abandoned and doing a toxic like base using Nurgles rot. Looking back I can see other areas which could have been done better such as rust around the armour rivets and less colourful armour but that would miss the point of such a classic mini. 

Dragon ogre

At this point I have resigned myself to never fully painting an army and will likely be picking out random minis from my collection to paint up so that should keep things interesting. As to what I will be painting next I still need to decide. It will either be a gnome, some Boglings or Radaghast the brown. With any luck my next post will be about the little piece of terrain I have been playing about with if I can get it done in the next five days. Sounds easy but I will be working nights, trying to tidy the house for the rabbit sitter and the normal baby stuff that needs doing. Who needs sleep anyway?

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts