40 swordsmen

 Back in December I finished painting 5 swordsmen with the idea that I would batch paint the rest slowly between other projects. Well I've read to much Lovecraft for that kind of sane thinking so I decided to paint the remaining 35 in one big batch.

I started, lost all hope, done something else then came back to them. Done this a few times until my last bit of time off when I went after them with a vengeance. I don't know much about speed painting but what I've learnt is don't paint yellow and red and don't take 5 months over it.

Anyway they got done. The details aren't great and I never painted the eyes but as a group they look good. If I had to do them again I'd change the colour of the feathers to add a bit more interest I'd also paint something on the flag but I really don't need that kind of pressure right now.

That brings my grand army of the empire up to 2 units. The forces of chaos must be terrified. I already have enough units for 2400 point but I'm working when the next event is on so there's no pressure to get stuff done. My next project is Anakin Skywalker for star wars legion which I stared and almost finished today. Hopefully I'll get a chance to paint again soon. After that I may paint up a couple of chaos chariots to bring my slaves up to a legal 1000 points.

Thanks for reading. 

Comments

Popular Posts