Medusa

 No Empire post this month as time seems to have gotten away from me but I was able to paint up this little beauty. The Medusa mini from Otherworld miniatures one of the most well timed releases which lined up nicely with my visit to the Edinburgh museum. 

Otherworld miniatures Medusa

I tried to stay as true to the original as possible working mostly with contrast paints and some highlights. I did make a mistake when putting her together, the quiver should have been on the other side, but I'd already started painting before I noticed.  I was able to fix it by painting in a strap and I don't think it's really noticeable. 




I had intended to spend alot of time and effort on this one, she had such an impact on me back in the day, but as I got painting I became caught up in the slap dash fun of it. She's not the prettiest but that's sort of the point. I also had a little scenic base for her it's one I bought years ago but the scale was all wrong for 28mm. Being a big scary monster I thought she'd be able to pull it off  unfortunately I think I was to quick to varnish it as the moss I had mod podged on turned whiteish I'll try to fix that up for a little dragon I'm painting. The end result was a similar base to my chaos ones being knocked out. I think it worked out better and if I ever paint another one I'll go for a full on Greek temple vibe.



I have to say I was loosing my enthusiasm for painting, life was really getting in the way. I think Medusa has turned that around though she was a really enjoyable mini to work on. Now it's back to the steam tank. 

Thanks for reading. 

Comments

Popular Posts