Chaos week 10



 Lost focus this week so never got much finished on the warshrine but I did get some bits done. All the metal and trim is done although I may add an extra highlight on the platform trim. I decided against having the alter on there as I was never happy with the look of it the axe  is too large and I would need to add a headless body on there somewhere for it to make sense. Much better to have the warriors chucking heads up to the priest and one of the warriors is already carrying a severed head so that checks out. All the skulls on the spikes and in the pit are done. The bit I’m particularly happy with is the wood which turned out really nice so I guess writing it down that is quite a bit. 



On the platform I still need to do the horns, one is nearly finished I’m just not sure if I like it or not and I’m worried about adding washes in case it doesn’t look good. There is also the central eye on the big face which I still haven’t decided on what to paint there. The priest has been started and should be quick to paint so I might focus my attention there next time I get the chance to paint. I’m also working on two big bases which is mostly washes and dry brushing before adding the details.

I also started on the sorcerer Lord who is the Forge World exclusive chaos dwarf I picked up a couple of years ago when I got down there. 

I’ve been trying to decide how to paint nighthaunt which is a great looking faction but I’ve never found a way of painting them that I like. 

During lockdown I bought the event exclusive space marine and eventually decided on a colour scheme I liked. I’ve only painted two space marines before and never really enjoyed it but the minis look so good and I’m a fan of the lore. The Flesh Tearers are an easy good looking colour scheme and I like there background so it’s a winner for me. Blood for the Emperor! Skulls for the golden throne!



Thanks for reading. 

Comments

Popular Posts