Cozy one bedroom bungalow for sale

I built a house. Not sure why I did it but one day the notion came over me so everything else got dropped in favour of foam board and matchsticks. My main, in fact only, source of hobby outlet is painting but my preferred YouTube channels to watch are the crafting ones. I think the first one I came across was Wylochs armoury which instantly drew me in and is still my favourite along with black magic craft. I love to create little worlds to escape into but I have no real use for them so I build story’s around the minis I paint. I lose my way sometimes though and end up painting something cool like an imperial knight I even considered buying the Indomitus box even though I have never enjoyed painting space marines. I’m trying to branch out of my comfort zone more which was the idea behind the skaven blood bowl team. Last year there was a kill team event which I wasn’t able to get ready for in the time I had but did start one for this year although even before covid there was no word of an event. That left 40k which isn’t really my style but if it’s all there is I guess I’d have to make do. I’ve seen rumours on Facebook though of an AoS event near me, no details just the suggestion of something which might happen. It was enough to get me inspired and looking through my pile of plastic I can build a 1000 point slaves to darkness army. If I can get that painted up I should reach 1500 without buying too much I may even have that in warcry bits. I also bought some gaming candles to enhance the painting experience but they were bit of a let down. They smelt great in the tin but not much aroma while burning so I may try to find a suitable alternative from Yankee Candle or something like it. However this massive tangent has nothing to do with my little house.

Ha! Those goblins will get a fright when we come round the corner. 
       





As I said none of this was planned. I read through the post on building a house on the realm of chaos 80s blog and worked away from there aided by my three year old whenever tiles or sprinkles were needed. It’s a little rough and work in progress shots were an after thought but it was undeniably fun. I also enjoyed taking the picture with the two knights, after working on GW minis for a while you forgot how great a simple knight can be. I need to get back to my otherworld minis at some point and I’m sure the half painted table top world building has been looking on in disgust these last few days. Now that house is out the way I’d better finish the imperial knight and start on the chaos army, luckily I’ve got a holiday coming up.

One final note if you have never seen Wylochs armoury start with his 100 episode spectacular. I rewatched it while building the frame of the house and smiled from start to finish.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts