Treebeard

I was after something quick and easy after all those rats so I pulled out treebeard and got to work. I’ve been putting off painting him for sometime now due to my dislike of dry brushing which I can never seem to get right. After applying dry brushing and contrast paints repeatedly I finally ended up with something I was happy with although I think if you wanted to there is a lot of texture on here you could work with. I had ideas of adding on a lighter colour wood in some of the recesses and a light gray green bark but where would you stop and this was supposed to be quick and fun so it was onto the hobbits. Again they were painted up quick with only the faces giving me any trouble. I had decided early on that I wouldn’t be painting eyes on them so after a quick wash and highlight the faces were done. Pippin’s left eye wasn’t quite right though so a little wash was added to sort it out which made it too dark. After fixing this problem a few times I decided to just give them eyes there not great but I was going a little mad trying to even them out.

Treebeard




Oi! Give us the fireworks you old git. 

And that’s it a nice quick fun paint job now I have to decide what to tackle next.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts