Blood bowl skaven week 14

Well it’s week 14 and I still have some work ahead of me not too much though.


I’ll start with Glart. The largest and most troubling area was the skin which is something I’ve always struggled with, large flat areas like his chest have been known to make me break out in a cold sweat before. This turned out to be one of the areas I’m happy with as I accidentally done a bit of wet blending. This wasn’t planned but the result of impatient feathering which once I started I found it to be quite easy, quick and fun. Hopefully I can achieve the same results in future. Once the skin was done I worked on highlighting other areas quickly getting bogged down in little details. It seemed that for every detail I painted I spotted two more. Progress was frustratingly slow but progress nonetheless so I think I finally got everything done. It was then time for the washes. I had originally planned on doing a lot of purple and red round the straps to show bruises and soreness although I decided that would be too much and stuck to some small red areas. Unfortunately the red I painted onto the chest started to pool and dried before I noticed I’m undecided on if it needs correcting or not. I also didn’t feel it would be right for Glart to be missing out on purple so he gets some purple droll it’s not really noticeable but I’m happier that it’s there.


The coach (currently unnamed but possibly Sir Knawedalot) was fairly straight forward. I had the same problem with finding little details nothing too challenging though. The only area I might have to redo is his gut plate which I was struggling with, hopefully it’s not as bad as I remember. If I’m right the only things left are the weathering on the kilts and coaches banner so I’m not too far behind my schedule. If I’m honest I’ll be glad when this is all over. It’s been fun posting up a weekly update and it certainly served the purpose of motivating me to get the skaven done although it’s also cluttered up the blog with a lot of half painted minis. From now on I’ll be going back to 12 posts a year rather than 52. You might be thinking it’s a little cocky for me to write a wrap up post before I’m actually finished and you’re right as I’ve also decided to add transfers which may yet go horribly wrong.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts