Blood bowl skaven week 7

Not a lot of work done this week but they are coming along. Still blocking in the base colours with a renewed regret for my choice of purple. It’s taken 4 coats to get them where they are and it’s still looking pretty rough I’m hopeful that a wash and some layers will sort it out though. The blitzers are straight forward being a larger version of the line rats but the gutter runners and throwers needed some thought. The gutter runners ended up with a black front and white back on their loin cloth thing. I had thought about doing black dags or something along those lines but once the weathering is on I don’t think it will be worth the effort I also decided to paint their knives green rather then steel mostly because they have the weeping blades rather than stab rule although now I’m thinking steel with a purple glaze would have been better. The problem I had with the throwers was the lack of purple on them so I decided to balance that out by making the warp stone balls purple. Since I’m a lore nerd this was physically painful to do let alone the problematic purple paint predicament, I’m sure it will look good in the end.





Other than that not much has happened but the resurgence of old hammer blogs has made me buy a couple of books, storm warriors and the trolltooth wars, so that’s something I have to look forward to.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts