Blood bowl skaven week 6

I’ve finally finished the first 6? Something is missing but I can’t quite place what it is probably needs some more details on the base. My original idea was to paint on some white lines as that usually finishes off a blood bowl base although I don’t really want every base having them so I might try adding some rocks or weeds to add more interest. The liquid pigments came in and after some experimentation and advice they did provide a nice effect which I’m sure could have been achieved using normal paint, the dry texture I was hoping for never really came off. With any luck some YouTube videos will eventually come out and I can see if I went wrong somewhere. The only ones I used were an orange rust and two earth colours. The rust worked fine and ended up looking better than I thought it would but I’m still not sure if using the earth colours was a bad choice I kind of liked my clean rats.



The next six have barely been looked at, working nights again hit me harder than I thought it would. Only the white and flesh base colours have been applied so far and to be honest I lost momentum all that primer staring back at me killed my motivation. Luckily two of my favourite blogs, realmofchaos80s and teasgettingcold, started up again inspiring me to paint up Gotrek and Felix along with a couple of pantheon of chaos minis. It’s been great getting back to metal minis again after all the plastic I’ve been painting lately and with any luck I can still show some blood bowl progress next week.



In other news I finally read ‘war of the worlds’ which was better than all the tv and movie versions I’ve seen but still not as good as ‘first men in the moon’.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts