Blood bowl skaven week 4

Week 4 of painting blood bowl skaven and week 2 of the lockdown, I’m starting to realise how slow a painter I actually am. Things are still crazy out there in the real world with work now unable to cover all the shifts and the ongoing global toilet roll shortage I’m still turning up each day for work hopefully doing my bit to keep the economy going. Once again the pandemic is not my biggest problem in life with my daughter now deciding she wants to sleep normal hours rather than the eleven to eleven I’m used to. Since I only get time to paint in the morning I was unable to get anything done this weekend but luckily being back on shifts means I got some stuff done through the week.


I think I got quite a bit done with most things highlighted and the first coat of paint on the skin. At the point they were at I was not to sure about them so painted the bases to make them look a little more complete. I still need to highlight the skin and the ones with the fur painted may need looking at again to add some definition. After that it’s on to the metals maybe some weathering and that should be the first batch about painted. I just remembered that I need to do the checks on the shoulder pads, not really looking forward to that. All I have to do now is stay focused I’m already thinking about painting up a Stegadon, Abaddon or switching to blood bowl orcs.


It’s funny being back in a job I was doing four or five years ago  remembering what I was doing at the time. It was this job that allowed me the time and money to get back into painting. I found the hoodlings hole blog which led to realmofchaos80s, sadly no longer being updated, and my happy discoveries of oldhammer and BOYL. I bought the army painter set from this very control room while mashing and witnessed firsthand the destruction of the old world along with the return of Nagash. Now we’re all living through a global pandemic, I have a two year old daughter, I’m driving the same car and I’ve still not made it to the oldhammer weekend although I can still make it to the Sunday this year if this not cancelled by corona.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts