Blood bowl skaven week 2

Things are going well. So far I got the base coats and wash done on Saturday leaving the highlights to do on Sunday. Unfortunately on Saturday night I got the urge to run around Skyrim so lost about an hour’s painting time on Sunday. I still got a bit done with some rust on the armour and I got two highlights on the kilts although they could have used another coat of paint to smooth things out. The kilts might end up with some weathering, checks or a tartin pattern depending on how brave I’m feeling. They’re starting to look good and I’m happy with my colour choices so hopefully when I get paid in two weeks they’ll be in a position where I’m comfortable signing up for the tournament.

Spot my daughters painting handle

Besides painting I’ve also been trying to come up with a name for the team. The top choices at the moment are The blight crusaders, The Hellpit abominations, The squeekend warriors and Gnawed a hope. I’m open to suggestions. Painting hasn’t been limited to the rats either as I can knock out some washes without my daughter noticing. I was able to get 13 zombies started which look good and the two mutants for the chaos war shrine which don’t. I’ve never been happy painting large areas of flesh so they may be repainted at some point but I’m also very aware that half painted minis always look terrible. We’ll see what happens.



Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts