The new year 2020

Once again it’s time to review the last year and look forward into the next. I had three goals for last year, to complete a 1000 points of dwarfs for 3rd edition, work on my otherworldly terror project and paint up a legion of Nagash army for AoS. I didn’t achieve any of these partially due to my short attention span but I also started a new job which has really hit my painting time. It wasn’t a complete loss I was able to get another 12 dwarfs painted including two banners. Not a very impressive number although my total for the year is only 47 so it’s a quarter of my work for the year. My plan to buy less than I paint also never panned out with 82 minis being bought leaving me 35 short, I’ll add on the nine left over from last year meaning I need to paint up 44 minis before buying any more. Seems like an impossible task but I only count minis I buy myself so all those Christmas gift vouchers should stave off the worst of the withdrawal symptoms.


My plans for this year are very similar to last year. Continue working on my Dwarf army, paint up a Slaves to Darkness army for AoS (given up on all those skeletons), paint up a kill team in the hopes that I can make it to an event and finish all the half painted stuff I have lying around. One of the reasons for not getting a lot painted is down to all the projects I start then lose the drive to complete. Batch painting is something I really don’t work well with and I have the same problem with big minis. This year I’m aiming for smaller batches to see if that keeps me motivated and gets stuff done.


I never made it to foundry last year and taking a two year old to Warhammer world went about as well as you would expect. This year I might make it to BOYL on the Sunday so if I can I might stay an extra night to visit GW.
I had hoped to get one last mini painted up before new year but man flu hit me like a tonne of bricks and my last minute dash these last two mornings weren’t enough to make up the lost time. Good news is I should have another post ready soon.

Happy new year and all the best for 2020.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. Happy New Year! That Grom Chariot is a think of beauty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year! Grom was a lot of fun to paint it’s something I’ve wanted to do since getting the cardboard Grom in 4th ed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts