Otherworld bandits 1

It’s been a busy month paint wise although sadly not a lot to show for it. I made a start on my mechanics kill team which I got the legs painted and started on the torso. I tried out a couple of basing ideas and came up with one I’m happy with and I’m going to try using weathering powder on them. Batch painting isn’t really for me though so by the time all that was done I needed a break which is where the bandits came in.

Otherworld Miniatures bandits

They should have been a quick paint up but that half way point where they look terrible slowed me down more than it should have. I think that was down to my heavy use of contrast paint so some lessons were learned on how I like to use them. I had thought it would be ideal for beards but I’ve not found a way of using it I like though. Turns out contrast paint mixed into the mid flesh tone makes easy tattoos. I kept to natural colours and other than the cape everything went alright, I definitely need to find a good way to paint capes.




These two bad asses will take the role of random villagers in my otherworldly terror paint up probably located somewhere near the pub. The more observant of you might have noticed I only put up pictures of one of the bandits that’s because after taking the pictures I noticed that one of them had miss placed their shield. Probably lost it in a drinking contest to a goblin. When it turns up I’ll give him his own post.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts