A sailor went to sea, sea, sea

Christmas ehh? Just when I start to get ahead of myself and come up with a plan all this new stuff turns up. Admittedly that’s not a bad problem to have and despite the lack of posts this month I have been busy happily hobbing away. I also got a surprise non paying commission job from the old man. A couple of years ago my brother bought my dad a model boat which he must be nearly finished as he turned up one day with three fishermen for me to paint up. I’m not sure of the manufacturer although I am pretty sure they were cast in a trouser press. Despite the lack of details they painted up quite nicely so hopefully they are the correct scale for the boat.


I got to try out some of the scale 75 paints on the fisherman using the flesh and nature sets. I enjoyed using them and it’s encouraged me to mix my paints more having the dropper bottles. I’m planning on picking up another couple of sets to try out the fantasy range. In other news I’ll no longer be able to attend BOYL this year as I had hoped due to a lack of a rabbit sitter. Maybe next year I’ll finally make it and if not it will be at least three years before I’m able. Luckily I have plenty of new hammer stuff to console myself with.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts