I went to foundry

I’ve wanted to visit wargames foundry for a few years now but being an eight and a half hour drive away it’s never been practical unless it was for the BOYL weekend which I normally work through. Luckily I get to spend my holidays visiting the future inlaws who are only two and a half hours away. Loading the baby into the car we set off on our adventure.
It was well worth the trip and I’m considering making it an annual visit slowly building up an orc army along the way. Being the only cool person I know the only way I ever get to see other painted minis is on Facebook. Getting to see all the models on display was the highlight of my holiday and convinced me that I need up my painting game. I had already decided what I wanted to buy while I was there to save time and it’s lucky I did. The place was so packed with stuff I wanted the hour or so I spent looking around could easily turned into five. In the end I got some war orcs and knights before heading through to GW HQ. I was too late for the exhibition which is what I really wanted to see but still had a good time and picked up some forge world goodies. Sadly I never got round to looking for the slaves to darkness book and mug and they had sold out of black paint. All in all the day out was definitely worth five hours of driving which I’m happy to say the baby mostly slept through.

Bugman’s brewers, always been my favorite warhammer hero and probably the reason I make whisky now. I’m currently painting up this unit with a black and yellow colour scheme.

Another favourite of mine. I’m also painting up the characters from the chaos combat cards. I have around half of them but only painted one so far which I may strip and redo. So far I still need to find this guy I’ve only seen him a couple of times on eBay in the last four years. He will be mine oh yes he will be mine.

The knights I picked up. Great minis that I hope I can do a decent paint job on.

Like alot of people one of my first forays into warhammer was Hero Quest so I was very happy to meet the original minis from the box

The gargoyle! Ten times smaller than a current blood thirster but far more intimidating. 

The Dwarf center stage as he should be.

Space crusade. Definitely due a remake.

A Khorne genestealer? The head of the guy behind him also rocks, I might have to add some gloss to the heads of my cultists.

Some of the most evil looking Skaven I've ever seen.

Mighty Zog Arkwright my favourite Chaos warrior who has been sat waiting to be painted for a long time now. Really need to get him done.

Always wanted to get this guy but never did. Seeing him painted up so well has convinced me to do the right thing and buy him up.

Super sweet Chaos dudes.

I bought some Romans from foundry a few years ago I’m hoping that these will inspire me to get them painted.

One day all this will all be mine.


Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts