Orc boy

Orc boy

In a shameless effort to bump up my blog posts I will be posting up some of my more recently painted minis. This completely goes against the purpose of this blog, to keep me motivated, but that's ok for now. 
I don't paint a lot of green skins due to needing hundreds of them and the more recent ones looking less menacing and more stupid looking with their little caps. This guy was great to paint up though and has a suitable thuggish quality which all orcs should have.

Orc boy

Colour choice is normally where I go wrong so this time I tried to stick to natural colours and I think it turned out nice while also having a nod to my 4th ed heritage with the red scabbard and shield. The skin colour I think was mostly foundrys forest green with the purple lip standing out well. The eyes were painted white with a drop of GW's yellow wash on top making them nice and easy. The nail through the club was painted with typhus corrosion and a metallic colour to look rusted but sadly has ended up blending into the background. I wish I had written down the colours used so more could be painted the same way, hopefully I can work it out.

A gratuitous booty shot.

The only other orc I have painted since starting again was Gorfang Rotgut who ended up looking like some kind of psychedelic nightmare. From now on I will try to stick to natural colours which I far prefer working with. This has to be one of my favourite paint jobs so far and I may even paint up an army in time for BOYL 2525 although that might be a little optimistic.

Thanks for reading.


Comments

Popular Posts