Set the world on fire

 I bought an Xbox for the sole reason of playing starfield. It great and I love it but it's not fallout. I've been looking at the fallout and Skyrim minis since they came out but I've never had a reason to buy into them until now. I can't play two life consuming games at once but I can escape into the wasteland through painting minis which has also been great. 

I picked up the raider core box and I'm enjoying it so much I've ordered a sentry bot to go along side them. I have no idea if that's allowed in the rules but as Cartman says "I don't care I do what I want".












Painting them has been a nice change from batch painting Warhammer army's as each one is mostly unique with some shared elements. I've also got to use some paints I don't normally go to. Green stuff world flour and liquid pigments were used for the basing and the hair and dirty down rust was used on all the metals. I think I've finally figured out how to get the best results with the rust paint. I let it sit in a cup of warm water for five minutes with a good shake before and after. If you apply it straight from the pot it gives a really dark look with very little if any orange in it. You can reactivate it with  water to get some orange coming through but not easily on small areas. If you water it down before applying that's when the orange really comes out, the more water used the more orange it will be. I'll need to practice more to find the perfect ratio but I'm happy with the results I've been getting. 

Still two raiders and the power armour to go so I'm looking forward to that. I'm also making a little board for photographing on so that should be finished for the group shot at the end. Sorry if this is a little dull to read I'm unfortunately working nights and the brain don't think so good.

Anyone else really excited for the fallout TV show? It's going to be awesome!

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts