The new year 2024

 Happy new year! Last year I made the mistake of posting everything I wanted to get done in 2023. Sadly I only painted one mini from that pile, Max Spleenripper, who was the smallest but also lots of fun to paint. I even got my 6yo daughter to help with the blood effects.

The traditional scenic shot

Other highlights of the year were completing a unit of empire knights, two of my all time favourite skaven minis and the big boy himself Angron. How he never won mini of the year is a complete mystery to me. I painted up some Dwarves including Skrag the stealthy in honour of the rogue element gaming YouTube channel which has been like a beacon of light guiding me back towards the dwarves. 

Not Skrag just a picture I really liked.

I made it to Warhammer world again and even made it around the exhibition this time. I really can't recommend it enough the displays were fantastic and for a hobby hobo like myself getting to speak to and be surrounded by like-minded people was a real treat. I'm hoping that with the release of the old world I'll get some events to go to and some focus in my painting. All of this will also be determined by my terrible work rota which is where I'm currently bringing in the new year but may be changing soon, I can only hope.

The celestial hurricanum is still being painted sporadically along with a toad dragon, 20 hand gunners, a space wolf and some barbarians my brother got me for my birthday. Please old world I'm begging you for some hobby focus. Obviously I'll be buying into fantasy as soon as I can then list building like a mad man for dwarfs, empire and chaos. If I can just get a goal in my head I'm sure I will be able to stick with it.

In blogging I tried posting every two weeks which went alright. I did miss a few but these were during busy or hard times when I never got much painting done, if any. I started working on the lore for my empire army which somehow got out of hand and now also includes my dwarf army lore. I'm working on it now and again with only the vaguest of outlines and I've no idea how long it will be but definitely longer than the lore for my chaos army. My chaos army lore was for AoS so maybe I can write something new for them as well it all depends on what the base sizes will be for the old world. I'd also highly recommend writing some lore for your chosen army I'm really enjoying it, this time next year I could be a black library author.

My blog also hit 20,000 views this year which was great. I think the regular posting helped with that. Getting an Xbox isn't helping with that but I am enjoying Aliens: dark decent. Maybe I can start reviewing video games.

Anyway thanks for reading hope you all have a fantastic year ahead of you.

Comments

Popular Posts