Photo backdrops

 Painting time has been in short supply although I did get a little bit done. What I wanted to post about today though was the new photo backdrops I picked up. Taking good photos of miniatures is something I've never got the hang of so I figured these would be worth a try.

First finding out about them from the responsible one blog I immediately bought both books from bad squiddo games along with a few other things to make up the postage. So far I'm liking them and they do have tips for taking pictures on the back so hopefully that will help. 

Painting wise not much got done and my occasional urge to paint space marines finally got the better of me. I bought a couple and I'm already looking at another the problem is I really don't like painting them. From deciding on a scheme to how and where to highlight the whole process annoys me. Luckily this guy, captain messyanus or something like that, already has the scheme picked out. I sprayed him with white primer then recess shaded and tried putting in some shades on the large flat areas. Turns out if you start from white it can be a little tricky to add highlights but I did anyway. The two lessons I learned from this are don't prime a white model white and buy a better white paint. At the moment I'm using scale 75 which I'm not enjoying so I'll get some pro acryl which is meant to be good.

My last post was 'would I make it as a commission painter?' Well no I wouldn't no surprises there. What was surprising was my cost of postage. After not wanting to sell painted minis and finally building up the courage I had made enough money to justify my sacrilege. Being on night shift I asked my wife to post them out first class. She decided to send them first class tracked and signed for. Bugger.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

  1. Love the backdrop book, may have to pick that up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good definitely worth picking up.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts