Old world army challenge part 3

So my plan for getting everything painted didn’t make it past the first month. Rather than paint up a bunch of dwarfs I decided to focus on the general and BSB. At this point I think it’s fair to say that I won’t be completing the challenge on time so I’m setting a new goal of the end of the year. That seems to be a more realistic idea and should allow me to potter about painting what ever else I feel like.


Anyway back to the dwarfs. The general is Khalin Drookit an old berserker turned distiller. I used the  white dwarf mini from the 90s its one I used to have and still have fond memories of painting him up with a white beard and purple gloves. The BSB is Beeredin Sna the old long beard standard bearer another mini from back in the day. Both were painted up to my usual dwarf scheme I wasn’t sure what colour the generals cape should be though. I went with blue but I’m thinking now that red would have been more appropriate for the general I guess it gives me the option to demote him at some point should a greater Dwarf show up.



For the standard I wanted it to depict Drookit valley where my Dwarfs live. Rather than try to be creative I decided to try my hand at a Bob Ross landscape. It never really worked out as I hoped and the fore ground started to take over blocking out all my orange and yellow trees in the distance. That being said I still think it puts the idea across and looks like a valley if you squint at it from a distance.

How the banner was supposed to look.
I also fired up total war and never finished the orcs so I’ve completely disregarded my plans from the last post. Life would be boring if it was predictable.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts