Wire tree work

When starting this blog I decided it was important to keep it updated at least once a month. So far it’s not been a problem I’ve gotten a lot done since giving myself a dead line for motivation. December is a busy month though so hobby time has taken a hit and on top of that I had the desire to make a wire tree which has not been a quick job. It’s coming on nicely and I’m getting to try out a lot of new techniques although I’ve had to stop for now until I get some flock for the ground. I had planned on getting some woodland scenics stuff but what with Christmas always costing more than expected I’m going to be sensible and wait till next month. On top of that my main source of inspiration was the YouTube channel ‘Lukes aps’ the guys always on Facebook as well answering questions at 11pm or 4am. This month he should be releasing a range of flocks so I’d like support him by buying those instead.

How it started. Twisting wire into trees is surprisingly relaxing. It looks a lot smaller here I would be happier if it had stayed closer to this size.

Home made texture paint added thanks to ‘Luke’s aps’

Hot glue added to the frame and sprayed with Halfords camouflage paint.

 
Sea foam added to bulk out the structure.
 
I’m going to be using the tree as a base for Radagast the Brown although it’s turned out bigger than expected and I think he’s going to be lost in there. Should be a fun project though and that’s what it’s all about.

My other plans for the year are to paint up all the blood bowl teams, the start collecting death set I got for Christmas and another big project I have planned. As always I will be slowly painting up a dwarf army and I think I might make it to BOYL this year for a day anyway. The big goal for this year though is to not buy any minis which I hope is an achievable target.

That’s all for now, happy new year whoever reads this.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts