Otherworld cultists


cultists miniature


From the frozen north come the dragon cultists ready to bring about a new age of draconian rule. I always try to put a little story behind the things I’m painting so rather than go with my instinct to paint these guys in sack cloth robes I went with the purple robes of dragon worshipers. Unfortunately my D&D knowledge only stretches as far as 80s cartoons, R A Salvatore and flicking through the monster manual so let me know if I missed the mark on this one. I went with my usual painting style of base, shade then a couple of highlights although cloth is not one of my strong points so had to tie it all together with a glaze. Any large areas of cloth like a cape or robes is something I always struggle with which was one of the main reasons behind me painting up the cultists to get some practice in. The only new technique I tried was weathering on the swords which turned out ok but definitely needs work. I will be trying the same effect on my next mini along with some blood splatter which I decided against on these ones.

Not much else to say on this one other than I hated painting them. The minis themselves are great and I know they never look right when they are only half done but for some reason these really ground my gears. I had planned on painting up all future cultists in the same scheme and maybe that’s why they offended me so much but it’s the closest I’ve ever come to giving up and stripping the minis. In the end I battled through the red and purple nightmare and I think the finishing touches ties it all together. The dragon cult will continue to grow. ALL HAIL TIAMAT!

Otherworld cultist








Let me know of any fun dragon cult facts you may have.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular Posts