Chaos week 1

Well that’s the first week done and real life took a huge chunk out of the available painting time. 


For my first job the raptoryx were built and primed. 

I then started the loose shields for the chaos warriors using a sponge for the first highlights before some edge highlighting. The brass was also straightforward so was also done quite quickly. Then I started on the runes which is where I hit a speed bump. I tried doing a glow effect but it didn’t look good so I painted over and started again. The second attempt was white ink in the recesses followed by violet But that wasn’t right either it didn’t stand out against the shield. I decided to leave it until the end hoping an answer to the problem would present itself. Unfortunately the only lead belcher I had was the gloopy remains at the bottom of the pot so the details have been filled in with too thick paint. It was a rookie mistake caused by my own haste so I’ll need to watch out for that in future. 

After the shields I started on the main body of the warriors. So far the steel is done and most of the brass leaving only the details to do before I start on the cloaks. Bit of a poor showing after what I expected to get done but it’s better than nothing. I also started on a little side project for when I can’t paint see if you can spot it in the picture. 

Thanks for reading. 

Comments

Popular Posts